Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bridesmaid Proposals

I don't know if you've noticed, but over on the left-hand side of the blog next to the link to "About Us" is the link to the CafePress site that I used to create my bridesmaid proposals.
So far, we've only picked two members of the wedding party - my sister, and Mark's sister. I never had any question as to who my maid-of-honor would be - it's my older sister, Margaret. She's married, but we've decided that Matron of Honor sounds dumb. The British term is Chief Bridesmaid, which I like a lot, and may start using, depending on what she thinks. So here they are right after I asked them:
(MOH Margaret on the Left; Mark's sister Lynsey on the right)
And what is that they are holding?
It's the bridesmaid bear!
I don't know how I came up with the idea of a bridesmaid bear - but I know when I got asked to be Margaret's MOH, I didn't really get asked. I assumed I would be a bridesmaid, and so did she, and then eventually somebody asked Margaret who her maid of honor was and she pointed to me. Then that person made her ask me officially, and that was that. And that is certainly a fine way to do it, but I wanted to do something a little more fun, and slightly more "official". I looked around at CustomInk and some other sites before I found CafePress. CafePress was good for this because I did not need 600 bears and the minimum order from Custom Ink was pretty large.
I started my own CafePress store based off the idea because the bears got a great response from the people who saw them (even Mark thought they were cute) and I hadn't seen anybody else do it yet. I've seen cards and jewelery and other stuff, but I hadn't seen teddy bears. When I opened the shop, they gave me the option of putting the text on other stuff too, so I put it on the items I thought people might use - although I don't really expect anybody to buy them. I thought that other people out there might want a bridesmaid bear or two, but didn't want to spend the time playing with the templates, etc. to get the font big enough.
The bears are wonderfully fluffy and cute, and the text came out larger on the t-shirt than I thought it would (I was afraid it would be tiny) so overall I am extremely pleased with them. They also shipped very fast - they came in a week or less. This was the first time I'd used CafePress and I was very happy with them.
How did you ask your bridesmaids?

2 comments:

  1. how very cute! I made cards for my girls...clearly I have too much time on my hands...hence my almost daily comments on your blog! LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ITemplatez.com offers professional web templates, flash templates ,swish templates, dreamweaver templates, and other web design productsavailable for immediate download.

    ReplyDelete