Hi Ellie – Here is more info about the Running of the Brides this week in Rockville, plus some last minute tips that might be helpful (those are attached):
· There will be over 1400 gowns to choose from (sizes 2-26)—we will only sell a fraction of them.
· If you want to be part of the 'rush to the racks,' then you should get to Filene's Basement at around 6am.
· If that's not your idea of fun, plan on arriving later. Even though the line to get in at 8:00am looks long, you have to remember, most of those people are helpers, not brides-to-be.
· By late morning, the early brides will have either made or narrowed down their selections and most of the gowns are back on the racks.
· Definitely go later in the day if you don't like crowds and chaos or if you are shopping alone or with just one helper.
· The quietest time is mid-afternoon.
· If you can't shop until after work, no problem. A couple of weeks ago at the event in NYC, over 50 brides found their dream dresses between 7pm and 10pm.
· Specialists in wedding gown cleaning and alterations will be on-site to advise you about what can or cannot be altered or cleaned and they can give you an idea of what it would cost.