Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dress shopping

We went dress shopping today. I was a little surprised by a couple things:
1.) It was totally painless.
2.) I look fierce in a veil.
3.) I look pretty good in dropped waist dresses.
4.) I really don't want beading.

I will preface this by saying that I am lucky - sizewise, I sit squarely in the 8-10 range, so I'm pretty much sample sized and did not need to be clipped into every dress. I tried on 8 dresses and it only took an hour, because I just had to step in and then out of each dress. The dresses did make me feel small chested, which, at a 34D, I'm not, and short, which, at 5'4", I am, in wedding world. I've been trying to keep my dress budget pretty low, because I know that I will be paying around $400 in alterations, because I am short, and I'm also short waisted. (When I make dresses, I cut a full inch and a half out of the waist, although sometimes its as much as 3 inches.)
I tried on this one gorgeous Two by Rosa Clara dress which was a little out of my price range but would only need to be hemmed. My favorite was actually a different dress, that looked pretty much like my dress had in my head. It looked a lot like this one, right down to the color and sash. I wasn't actually wild about the sash, so I would get one in a different color (maybe a nice bright green to match the bridesmaids?)
I'm going to try to figure out how to do cuts in blogger so that I can put up pictures but Mark doesn't have to see them. Also, I think we will take pictures at Running of the Brides next Friday, so that will be exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment