Thursday, March 5, 2009

Gay Marriage

Today the California Supreme Court hears arguments on Prop. 8. I think tonight I may very well listen to them, because I'm a law school nerd.
I understand that some people have a problem with "changing the traditional definition of marriage." But gay couples are here to stay, and the rest of the country needs to get on board.
I find that many same-sex weddings are very inspiring DIY weddings or are nature-oriented, usually happen outside, are all about the community or the family or the bond between two people.
But I was wondering recently if gay weddings tend to be offbeat and less mainstream because they are by nature, offbeat? And because they are already going to be offbeat, does it matter as much about everything else?
I wonder a bit if, as we see gay marriage become more common, we will also see gay weddings become more lavish. It's an interesting question, at least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment