Friday, October 2, 2009

Charity Friday: Charitable Wrap-Up

There's a bunch of charitable things going on locally that I don't want to write a full post about, but I wanted to round up for you all:

Brides Against Breast Cancer - next show in Silver Spring is October 24th. I really hope one of my engaged friends wants to go to this so I can go with them. Or I might see if I can volunteer.

The Women's Law Center of Maryland - is raffling off 2 tickets on AirTran Airways. They are $5 apiece, or 5 for $20. You could use these for your honeymoon, a pre-wedding getaway, to fly to a bachelor/bachelorette party or shower or to fly someone in for the wedding. Or you could just use them to go someplace awesome.

NARAL ProChoice Maryland is holding it's annual Evening of Chocolate gala on October 24 (you could go to celebrate buying your wedding dress at the Brides Against Breast Cancer event.) If you are throwing a bachelorette party or alterna-shower for a pro-choice bride who would rather wear something fabulous and eat 30 different things made of chocolate and drink wine and martinis than go to a strip club or bar wearing a penis necklace, this event is ideal, and it's location in downtown Rockville makes it adjacent to plenty of great restaurants for dinner and bars for going out afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment