Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Because we are more than brides....

One of my absolute favorite things about this blog is getting to write again, and those of you who comment or send me emails have been so kind and so supportive, so thank you for all your encouragement.  I'm not sure that without the experience of writing this blog, I would have had the confidence to apply for a position with Ms. JD, a women lawyers and law students blog, as a "writer in residence."  In an effort to find new and different ways to write, and a wider audience, and a chance to write about more than weddings, I proposed a column on women, sports, and the law.  If you are interested, you can read the column description here, and my first column went up yesterday.  I'll be reposting the columns monthly, because some of you have expressed interest in reading them, and I also know that some of you are fellow law students/lawyers/athletes and might be interested.  If you aren't interested, go ahead and ignore and we'll be back to the regularly scheduled pretty shortly.

And for funsies, in the comments, share what you do in your non-wedding-planning time to remind yourself that you are more than a bride (or groom)!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your column! It's true that in reading each other's wedding blogs, you sort of forget we have other lives besides planning our weddings...I'm actually writing a novel in my non-wedding-planning time. I'm getting an MFA in creative writing and I'm in my final (thesis) semester so that's what's taking up a ton of my time nowadays. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more that the wedding blog has finally given me the opportunity/excuse to write again, and to write again regularly. It's inspired me and reminded me of what I really can do, if I put some hard work into my free time (ha. free time.) Although unrelated to writing, my experience blogging helped get me off my bum and finally start volunteer teaching for a local non-profit I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, have used the blog to start writing again. My other love is cooking, which is what I do in my free time. Hopefully in the next month or so I am going to find the time to start writing...about food. On another blog, of course.

    ReplyDelete