Friday, February 5, 2010

Size Matters

On my way home from school today, I trekked down to the local Light Street library which was already closed for snow. On my way home, I stopped at the jeweler we bought our ring from and finally took care of something I've been meaning to do since August. I got a ring guard. My ring has always been a little big, and since I got back from Michigan, it has been even bigger (I lost weight while I was there, and even though I gained it back when I got home, my finger has stayed the same size.) For anyone not familiar, this is a ring guard:
Further, for anyone whose fingers fluctuate, a ring guard is a great solution because the guard is actually adjustable - it can be squeezed up and down, and expand to take up more space or less. The best part is that most jewelers, particularly if it's the one you bought your ring from, will put one on for free. I can't believe what a difference it makes to have my ring feel solidly on my finger, and to stay right side up instead of sliding around. So if your ring is too big, stop fussing and playing with your ring and get yourself to a jeweler!

1 comment:

  1. Love this. My ring fell off the other day when I was rifling through a stack of laundry. This sounds like the perfect solution.

    ReplyDelete