Friday, March 12, 2010

Feel Good Friday: Craft it Forward

When ThatWife first mentioned Craft it Forward, I thought it was the best idea ever!  You get something handmade, and then you handmake something for 5 other people.  It's like a chain letter, only awesome, and nobody dies if you break the chain (please don't break the chain though!)

So I'm crafting it forward, since I was one of the lucky 5 commentors picked.  I figure since I write about weddings and most of you do likewise, and I have an cr**load of tulle and ribbon and beads around my apartment, most of you will be getting hair flowers/veils; jewelry; or something else wedding-y.  (Feel free to check out our nifty DIY tab to see what I'm talking about.)

Since I'm egotistical, I'm assuming that more than 5 of you will be interested, so we'll do this "giveaway" style.  Please comment below with your name, last initial(s), and whether you are already married or engaged or nowhere near (just so I can know whether to send you something wedding-related or something else fun.)  It is important that you have your own way of crafting forward to 5 other people though, so make sure you think you have that kind of network.  Also, craft is a loose term.  I consider food a craft.

I'm gonna leave comments open until 12p.m. Sunday, and then pick 5 people at random. Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Dude, awesome. I would love to craft it forward. Hope you pick me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie,

    I don't want to be a part of the "craft it forward" giveaway (I don't really have a craft forward network, but I just wanted to say hello. I just found your blog this week and have just made my way through the whole thing. My fiance and I got engaged about two weeks ago and are currently research venues, caterers, etc for a fall 2011 wedding. Its great to get ideas and see that there are brides out there who are sane :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this sounds fun! and I'm engaged. And my name is Miranda H. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late to join, but I think this idea is awesome!! Thanks for linking up with us and enjoy your crafting!!

    ReplyDelete