Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Anniversaries!

Happy 35th Anniversary to my parents (my dad wanted me to point out how cute my mom looks, but I have so much trouble focusing on anything but the ruffled shirt):
(I wish I had more pictures of their wedding, but this is the only one scanned.)
and Happy 2nd Anniversary to my sister and her husband (their's was yesterday, my parents is today):
And because I know you all love the eye candy and real weddings, a few more shots.  
I can't say enough about how much having my sister to model a successful relationship for me has done for our relationship, and how helpful their advice and support has been as we navigated moving in together, getting engaged, and now the home stretch before the wedding.  
(our cousin performing the ceremony)
(I wore my bridesmaids dress to two weddings last weekend too. Still my favorite dress ever.)
Oh, and my parents today (well, two years ago):


Over the past 24 years, I have learned a lot from my parents' marriage, but most recently, I have learned that you've never been in a relationship long enough to stop trying to be better for each other.  Watching my parents try, and succeed, every day, to make each other happy is really very cool.  

Happy anniversary to all of you! And many more!

8 comments:

  1. Isn't it great having a role model in your relationship?
    Congrats to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Happy Anniv. to all of them! My parents 50th was the 14th & the in-laws 32nd is coming up. It's great having role models like that.

    And how cool for your sis to be married the day before your parents anniv?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I have learned that you've never been in a relationship long enough to stop trying to be better for each other"

    Too true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww congrats to your parents!!! LOVELY pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this! Thanks so much for sharing. By the way, where did the bridesmaids' dresses come from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations to them!! it is wonderful that you have so many strong marriages surrounding yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @petitechablis - they are from Ann Taylor - I loooooved working with AT - I lost weight before the wedding and they let me exchange mine, and I exchanged it while the dresses were on sale so they gave me the sale price...and I loved the color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting this:) Aren't sisters great? Happy anniversary to your sister and parents :)

    ReplyDelete