Monday, May 31, 2010

Wedding Wisdom: The Dress

I try really hard to read the blogs of our commentors, but sometimes I slack off and don't catch up as much as I would like.  I was checking out You Can't Take It With You after debriefing an MPT question and found this post, which sums up so much about my dress anxiety:

"But one dress cannot be all dresses. I love strapless dresses, but I also love the deep V I get in the back of my dress. I love floaty, romantic chiffon dresses, but a structured, heavy satin dress tailored to my body is beautiful too. My MeeMaw wore a satin dress and I'm glad I share that with her. I love modern lace, but no embellishments honor the minimalist/simple side of things that I love...But I made decisions when I picked out my dress, good decisions, decisions that don't mean I'll never be able to wear another strapless or lace gown again." 

I too love both v-neck dresses and strapless dresses.  I love satin and chiffon.  I love floaty and heavy.  I picked a dress that worked for me, that I love, and that satisfied my inner princess and my inner cheepskate.  I picked a dress that four women who are important to me helped me choose, and are excited for me to wear.  But most importantly, it's not the last dress I will ever wear, and it would be impossible for it to be both strapless and a v-neck dress.  So I shall continue to remember this post when I have my own little doubts. 

3 comments:

  1. Good post. I share the dress anxiety thing...I bought it so fast, and at the first shop I went to. But the dress makes me feel amazing when Im in it, I didn't cry but the fiance did (sucker :) ) and it was within my budget (woohoo!). It isn't the only dress for me out there, but it doesnt have to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* ah yes, I have much dress stress that I'm still working to get over. But thats a good sentiment to remember - I will try to let that soak into my brain more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'm not the only one who feels this way! I'm glad I could help!

    ReplyDelete