Monday, June 21, 2010

A few things

Just wanted to drop in and say a couple of things -
  • If you look to the right hand side of the blog, you'll notice that we now have an official blog email address!  We can be reached at wedding 4 two [at] gmail dot com if you have any personal questions or ideas for blog posts.  
  • If I read your blog, you may notice for the next few days that I am commenting as "E." and it's not connected to this blog.  This is for personal reasons, and has to do with the fact that when I set up the blog, I didn't make it as anonymous as I should have (see, above, finally after a year and four months, getting a blog email address.)  
  • I'm selling the centerpieces from my sister's wedding.  There are 3 sizes of square vases - tall, short, and votive - and can be used for candles, flowers, candy dishes, etc.  If you are local to the Baltimore/DC area and might be interested, shoot me an e-mail.  We move this weekend, so we'd really like to get them out of the house instead of moving them.  I think we'll probably be asking $100-ish depending on how much you would like.  
  • We move this weekend; posting will be light.  I'll be back someday to show off our new apartment and our wedding storage room.  (aka the "guest room" but I think we all know the truth.) 
  • I'm starting to feel the crunch of bar panic and the time-suck that is the internet, so this morning I unsubscribed from WeddingBee.  I'm not unsubscribing from any personal blogs yet, but there are like, 5 brand new bees and I just don't have the energy to read all of their proposal stories and I feel stressed when I have 24 unread posts at the end of the day.  Since I follow most of my favorites on Twitter or subscribe to their blogs, I know when they post, and I'll still check in on the main site, so I don't think I'll miss too much.  Have any of the rest of you had to do this too?  
  • Also, you should totally enter Miss Fancy Pants' giveaway (and maybe leave her some well wishes because I think she gets married this weekend!!!)

5 comments:

  1. For awhile at the end of my thesis, I really had to cut down on blog reading. I totally know what you mean...it stressed me out when I hadn't read someone's post by the end of the day.

    Good luck on the moving! Can't wait to see pics of the new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...I know what it feels like to be overwhelmed by following blog posts. It is so depressing...I just can't keep up with everything I want to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh i used to save the WB posts as "unread" in my google reader so I could catch up... and then at some point I finally said, "look. I don't know these people. My life will not change if I don't know their colors/proposal stories/how they proposed to their bridal party." And I hit "Mark All As Read," and few things felt as good as that did at the time. So kudos to you! Good luck with the move, and remember to still love each other even if everything is chaos. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've slowly cut down on the more commercial blogs, and cut out my last two "inspiration" blogs yesterday! it felt great!

    good luck on your move (and hope you don't have as much stuff as we do)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is SO hard to keep up sometimes!

    I was crazy too and only just got a proper blog email address. The one I was using before was my personal one and someone used it to find me on facebook. Eeeekkkkk

    ReplyDelete