Sunday, June 20, 2010

Really Really Awesome Favors

There is a lot of talk about wedding favors. Some say they're silly, some say they're nice, some say they are likely to be tacky. I think skipping them is an easy way to save $300; and that stressing over them is an easy way to go crazy. Those who are doing favors often worry about giving out knickknacks, but don't want to be boring and just do a piece of chocolate.  So here is your solution:
If you are a food person, and you want to give out edible favors, look no further. We had friends distribute this hot sauce as their wedding favors and it is absolutely the only favor I have heard everybody who attended the wedding rave about. Even I rave about it, and I'm not a big hot sauce person. It's a perfect temperature, with a slightly smoky flavor. (The Knot is also usually running a promotional deal so that these are pretty reasonable.) Although it might be a little more expensive than some favors, your guests will use it. We got two bottles from our friend's wedding, and they were both gone within a year. Fortunately, our friends got bottles for their friends for Christmas as well. But when this one runs out, I may have to just start getting it by the case.

What's your favorite wedding favor?

9 comments:

  1. Those are great! We are doing a candy buffet- I think edible favors are the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Econo Man and I were at a winery yesterday, and we overheard someone say to put aside some cases of their Pinot Noir because the couple getting married there next weekend was going to give a bottle to each of their guests. Not exactly a budget option, but how cool a wedding favor is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty cool - these same friends wanted to do that, but it turned out to be illegal in MD or against venue rules or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Beagle shot a wedding that gave out wine as favors. Pretty cool, but also very expensive.

    I like edible favors. It seems those are the only ones I can find a use for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love edible favors. We are doing a twist on the button jar: shortbread buttons in a jar

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! Now this is something I could get down with.

    I still have a HUGE crush on these favors I saw online a few months back. The couple made their own BBQ rub and put it in test tubes for their guests.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is pretty awesome. My fiance loves spicy foods so he would love this. If we do favors, we'll definitely do something edible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite wedding favor was a mini loaf of banana breade wrapped in ribbon. Didn't even make it to the car before it was gone :)

    We live in San Francisco but are getting married out of the country, so we're bringing Ghirardhelli squares to give out as favors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE. This is the type of edible favor I could totally get behind!

    ReplyDelete