Monday, July 26, 2010

Go. Read. Now.

You must read Cupcake Wedding's guest post on Souris Mariage.

I take the bar exam tomorrow (thank you for all your kind thoughts and support these last two months, and much luck to HitchDied and Meg's David and Mrs. Spaniel as well as anyone I've left off this list) and Wednesday.  After that, we'll be back and I'll tell you how I caved to the indie-pressure and decided to make tissue paper poms. And vases. And the centerpieces.*  I'm sorry to keep you in such suspense. 

But Thursday starts a new chapter for Mark and myself.  For the first time in my life, I will be free of academic obligations, but I will have adult responsibilities.  I have been updating and sending out my resume for the last two days, and will continue to do so for the next month or two or three or for (the market sucks, in case you haven't heard).  But for this reason, and also possibly because I am under some stress at the moment, Cupcake Wedding's post very nearly made me cry. 


*Spoiler alert: mix of fresh flowers and dried flowers. Ordering dried stuff as a backup in case the fresh doesn't work out. Using old beer bottles as vases = cheap and easy. Win. 

8 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the bar exam and we'll be waiting patiently to hear about the pom poms and centerpieces. Beer bottles as vases? Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the warm wishes! Right back at you!

    I also have to say I'm tremendously impressed that you are sending out resumes right now. I also need a job, and I'm not even sure I've updated my resume to say I actually have a J.D. That can wait until Thursday. Maybe Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the bar!! Take some well-earned R&R tomorrow night, and congrats on finishing academic life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the bar! And congrats on being done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Ellie! You rock and you'll rock that thang. I have complete confidence in your smarts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will kick the bar's ass!

    Also, we have a bunch of wine bottles we were saving for our wedding, but probably won't be using. (1.5 hours of set up = some plans need to be ditched.) So if you want them, they're yours. Labels are still in tact, but they're rinsed. The bottles are in a variety of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to rock that test out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete