Monday, August 30, 2010

The time has come to talk of other things.

Eventually, I will have to think about where we want this blog to go.  Right now, my plan is to start a new blog and keep this blog about weddings (similar to how $2000 wedding has gone).  I probably won't post as regularly, but I like to think it will stand as a good resource for other people.
So what will I write about with a new blog? Hopefully not the boring "married people" stuff that I see on nesting blogs (I do not "nest", I "mess").  I can't really talk about lawyering, because 1) I don't right now and 2) confidentiality and professionalism is an issue.  But I can definitely see writing about fun and interesting things we do.  Speaking of which, want to hear about my weekend?
I did this:








On Sunday morning, I participated in the SheRox Asbury Park Tri, a journey that has been a year in the making.  Last year, I was signed up for a race but had to drop out at the last minute because of a broken finger (and also because I did not train well enough, but that's besides the point).  This year, my crew captain (Mark) and I got up at 4:45a.m. to drive to Asbury Park from his parent's house in NJ.  Mark helped me load and unload my bike and then waited on the boardwalk for an hour while we got ready to go in the water.  Then he dutifully took pictures, yelled encouraging things, and waved at me while I went through the course.  When I crossed at the finish line, he bounced over to me, more excited than I've ever seen him after a race, telling me how totally awesome I was.  He's never really crewed for me like that before, since I usually run races with my friends, and it was really cool to get to feel like he was rooting for me the whole time and I knew when I came into transition, I could find him in the crowd.  That made the whole race seem a bit easier.

So yeah, if getting this wedding out of the way means we get more weekends like this one? I think I'm okay with that.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like an awesome weekend! congratulations about crossing that finish line :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! My parents live right near where the Iron Girl Triathlon is held in Howard County every year. This year I ran across the finish line... the day before the race! :-)

    A triathlon at the beach is too perfect, though. Sounds like you had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you! That is an amazing accomplishment. It probably felt wonderful to have a supportive partner bounding over to you at the end.

    ReplyDelete