Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Guestbook Ideas

So I know I've said that guest books are silly, and they generally are, because it's like writing in a high school yearbook.  But I am a fan of the idea of having a record of who was there, like having people all sign a certificate or a tree or something else.  Particularly for things like bridal showers or engagement parties.  But I'm an even bigger fan of useful things, so I love stuff that combines both worlds:
I saw this mug at Starbucks the other day and thought it would be cute for a shower or small wedding.

Then there is the guestbook platter, which is a cool idea (and I think Carla is using something similar)

I've also seen the guestbook bench that Mrs. Apple Cider did (but we don't have any place for a bench - but a guestbook coffee table could be cool).  What other fun/functional guest book ideas have you seen?

3 comments:

  1. We put together a book of pictures of places and things that have been important to us - an iconic street sign in the town we grew up, the main building at each of our colleges, our favorite NFL team logos, the bar where we met... People can pick a page that "links" them to us and sign that. We'll display it as a coffee table book type of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My MOH threw a kitchen themed shower for me and had all of the people who attended sign their names in fabric paint on an apron. It turned out really well, the only down side was that I couldn't take it home with me after the shower - the fabric paint takes a while to dry. Could do the same idea with fabric markers though!
    And our guest book at our wedding was actually one of those picture frames - holds an 8x10 and has a huge mat all the way around it. Displays your engagement or wedding photo and you get to see the comments from people whenever you walk by. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I got the big platter -- I LOVE IT! I can't wait to see the end result after every one signs it :)

    ReplyDelete