So I came home on Wednesday night, after the election was over and the cleanup had started (btw, we won), and realized holycrapwearegettingmarriedinthreeweeks. I feel kind of like I feel when I finish eating a bagel and ate the last bite before I thought about it and thus did not savor the last bite properly. I foolishly ignored our wedding for six weeks and I can't ever get that time back. That is time I could have spent crafting and watching Veronica Mars. However, I spent my time campaigning instead - and yes, the campaign is incredibly important. If you live in District 16, you probably understand why. At the time, I had no regrets. But now that it is over, I see what Mark was trying to tell me all along - I missed out.
So I am determined not to miss out more. I'm also determined to do all of those things I wanted to do early on - not the stupid things, like make napkin rings, but the smart things, like buy a sweater. But I need your help, because I have not been obsessively shopping online lately and I have not been reading the blogs!!! So please, tell me:
1) Where can I find a cute white sweater/shrug type thing? Just in case it gets chilly? Max of $40 please. It occurs to me that I could just buy a wrap when I go to buy one for my mom. For like, $20. Why do weddings make us stupid?
2) I need foundation. And mascara. Name a good waterproof mascara that won't make my eyes feel sticky. Less than $15 please.
3) If I get a gel manicure next Friday, will it last until the wedding two weeks later? I'm lazy and cheap.
4) Is getting a facial three weeks before the wedding when I have sensitive skin a good idea?
5) How can I lose 5lbs in 6 hours? My next dress fitting is tonight and campaign life is not easy for the waistline!!!