Friday, October 1, 2010

The Big Tent Is Too Big For Lanterns

And for poms.
But this means, ultimately, less work for us, save the ikea trip to return the lanterns and finding the receipt.

Our venue gave us a scare yesterday when they told me that we could no longer have the ceremony where we wanted to, in the wooded picnic area.  This was heartbreaking and since I'm mature, I nearly cried.  I went out there today and determined that we will have to be more flexible, but that we can make it work.  Our guests won't be able to sit neatly in two straight rows, but we can fit everybody under the trees.  It is possible that there aren't enough benches and a few people will have to stand if they are late, but there are worse things.  Like having to get married in a field instead of the woods (why yes, I have a grasp on reality and what constitutes a disaster, why do you ask?)

I then went to the fabric store so I could buy burlap to make bench covers with and then I went to the grocery store to buy a lot of food.  Because I had kind of forgotten, but one of the groomsmen and his sister are coming to stay with us next week, and I figured it would be good to have things like cereal and sandwich meat.  In retrospect, I'm not sure that this was a good idea, but I'm really excited to see them, so yay!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are not getting the spot that you want. But kudos for making it work for you. I am sure that things will all work out for you in the end and your wedding will be great.
    Enjoy your visitors. I am sure you will all have a good time.

    ReplyDelete