Friday, October 22, 2010

Don't have second thoughts

I really struggled with my dress.  Looking back, it's no surprise.  First of all, my dress didn't fit when I bought it, and secondly, the next time I tried it on was when I was in my childhood bedroom, in front of a terrible mirror.  But thirdly, when I bought it, it looked like this:
And this was the dress I got married in:
So there you go - a talented (although flaky) seamstress can really turn your dress from a "I guess I like it and the price is good" dress into the "ohmigoshimafairyprincess" dress of your dreams.  Because, especially for somebody like me, a dress fitting really well is actually what makes a dress "the one".  Oh, and the way the skirt felt when I touched it (admittedly, it weirded a lot of people out when I said, "touch my skirt!" when they told me how nice the dress was).
True story: I loved my dress so much I refused to take it off at the end of the night and insisted on wearing it to the afterparty at the Greene Turtle.

7 comments:

  1. It is my dream to wear my wedding dress to my after party. But when I am honest with myself I realize I will probably not make it to my after party. Because I will be tired and hoping to bang my new husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I would be too tired as well - but then at the end of the night, it was only 8:30 and I wanted to keep the party going SO BADLY. So don't decide how you'll feel too early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we were without doubt the best dressed bunch at the green turtle

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only time I went to try on wedding dress, I was enamored with the way the skirts felt to the touch and the way they swished. The skirt of the dress I'm making is probably the most important part to me.

    Your dress fits you so well. I think you look gorgeous in it. I can see why you didn't want to take it off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are too cute for keeping that dress on at green turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so gorgeous -- and your dress is amazing on you! I can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I personally love the dress.. you made the dress honey not the other way around.

    Sara
    http://www.momentsofelegance.com

    ReplyDelete