Sunday, October 10, 2010

Signing off!

I have dreaded writing this post.  How do I say thank you and goodbye to so many wonderful people?  How can I possibly express to you how much your wonderful comments and amazing support has meant to us over the last 20 months?  I can't, so all I will say is thank you all so very very much.
We started this journey seven years ago, when my freshman hallmate asked me to come meet the boy she liked.  We first talked about getting married five months later, early on a Sunday morning, by saying something like, "y'know, I know this sounds really weird, but unless something...weird...happens, I can really see us getting married."
I will also warn you that it is possible that the events of your wedding weekend will be stressful and overwhelming and that there will be moments that you are annoyed at your loved ones, your fiance, and your hotel for sticking you in a room with a damp carpet the night before your wedding.  None of this matters, because on your wedding day your sister will wake up and ask you if you want to jump on the bed yelling, "I'm getting married today!!!"  Which you should do.
See you on the other side! This week, while we are off honeymooning, I've scheduled a few "Classic W42" posts from the archives that I think still ring true.  Enjoy and I'll see you in a week!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ellie! I am so so so happy for you. Soak it all in and see you on the other side. I'm very happy to have been able to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Ellie and Mark!! I hope you guys have an amazing day and an amazing honeymoon, and I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I've been pretty quiet on here lately - working behind the scenes on projects, I'm sure I'll be doing some writeups on them once I'm recovered - but I do read all the comments (and most of Ellie's entries! ;) ) and I just want to echo Ellie's thanks to everybody for the input, advice, and support. I'm so impressed by the community you guys have all created amongst yourselves and pleased to be a (small, outside) part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and best wishes today! You couldn't have asked for better weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Congratulations!!! I hope you have the most wonderful honeymoon to start off your lives together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOORAY!! Congratulations to you both! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAAAAAY! Congratulations, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete