Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tears of Joy

So you know how you're supposed to get your fiance a gift on your wedding day?  Well, when your fiance is British, and you fancy yourself super-crafty, it's not that hard to figure out what to get him.  I ordered a package of 5 handkerchiefs from Amazon and picked up some embroidery floss, then sat down while Mark was off on his bachelor party and wrote witty things on fabric with needles.  Turns out I am neither witty nor good at embroidery.  Then, I put them in the box in order of which ones I did first (and badly) and then the best ones on top.
In case you didn't know, 101010 is binary for 42. The answer to life, the universe, and everything.  
I wrote a note, that said, among other things, "make sure you bring an extra handkerchief for me", which was totally necessary during the ceremony and the toasts.  


I sent our photographer upstairs with the box and note and specific instructions to photograph his reaction and then bring my gift back to me.  Because we had discussed exchanging gifts.  

I got this note instead. The inside said "can't wait." The outside explained my gift:

3 comments:

  1. OMG! Someone else gets the 42 reference! That's the first thing my husband did when we chose 10.10.10 - he sat and added it up in binary code and then geeked out over it being 42. Really special gifts! I love those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you are cute! What a sweet pressie!

    Hmm, I may need to get my needles out!!

    ReplyDelete