Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Win.

Yesterday, you may have heard, was election day.  My candidate/cousin won, which means 5 months of extremely hard work has paid off and now Marylanders will reap the rewards.  Woo.
Many many thanks to my husband, who has sacrificed a lot to support me and this campaign that I have believed so strongly in and the victory we worked so hard for.  Since I'm too tired to put together a post, I'm just giving you one of my favorite pictures.
(Photo by Prema Photographic)
If you worked on a campaign, thank you.  No matter the party, no matter the outcome, when people get involved, it makes for better races, better candidates, and more engaged voters.  Except the psycho woman at our polling place who kept knocking over our signs and then lecturing us to be civil.  She's not helping anybody.  

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win! I know my fiance went through the same thing with the campaign I worked on during the primary. Campaigns require SO MUCH time and energy so it's great to have supportive partners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's a big deal! Best of luck to your cuz!

    Campaigns are hard work, but so exciting when they go your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your cousin. That is a bright spot in the disappointing election news. I am really happy for the residents of Maryland.

    Oh and I love that photo. And the new banner. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The banner really does look awesome! Hey internet skills.

    ReplyDelete