Tuesday, December 14, 2010

DIY Week: Table Runners

Okay.  So I farmed out our table runners to my Mother-in-Law, but the basic process was something like this:
Buy fabric.  Buy more fabric.  Decide on dimensions, realize you don't have enough fabric, buy more fabric.
Cut 3 yd lengths of fabric into thirds lengthwise, hem.  For table squares, cut into 20" squares.
They gave our tables the pop of color they needed, and since I didn't have to do the work, I say they were totally worth the effort.  I think my mother-in-law and Mark's great aunt disagree, but they helped bring everything together and made up for our really low-key centerpieces.  
Centerpieces by Ikea, all photos by Prema Photographic.

We didn't find out until two weeks before the wedding that we could use any table linens we wanted - we conceived of the table runners when we thought we had to go with white to be super-cheap.  In retrospect, maybe we could have just gone with brightly colored tablecloths, but I don't think it would have had the same effect and I really loved the way they looked. 

1 comment:

  1. they look totally beautiful....wow. i completely agree that bright table cloths wouldn't have gotten it DONE like this....they're lovely.

    ReplyDelete