Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Changes acoming!

Okay, not much change, but a little bit of hopefully very awesome change.  I've been wanting to do this for months, but kept not doing it, I'm not sure why.  I think I was afraid it would start a kerfluffle.

I'm hoping to actually start a blogroll.  We haven't had one in awhile because I had one initially, and then I found out about all these other awesome blogs, and then we redesigned the site and I took it down and wanted to wait until I updated to put it up.  So I think it's high time that the internet had a Feminist Wedding Planning Blogroll.  So if you're a feminist, or you think you're a feminist, comment on this post with a link to your blog or your favorite fiesty feminist wedding planning blog.  It doesn't even have to be fiesty.  But man, I like fiesty.

Also accepting suggestions of feminist lifestyle blogs.  Not blogs like "feministing", as that is not a personal blog.  But blogs that talk about having an egalitarian partnership; being a woman in the workforce; being a feminist and having children; being a feminist and thinking about big problems in the world; being a single feminist.  But ideally, it will be a blog where a person talks about their own life/career/views rather than something more academic.  (Although fiesty feminist academics are always welcome.)

I don't want to alienate anyone whose not a feminist and I don't want anyone thinking I'm an authority on feminism, or that I think I am.  But I spent a lot of time looking for other feminists in the wedding-planning community (and ESPECIALLY in the married blogger community), and I'd like to save a lot of other people that problem.

10 comments:

  1. it doesn't market itself as explicitly 'feminist', but as people trying to plan a feminist, intentional, thoughtful wedding and always open to working on our relationship and eventual marriage, my partner and I both really like what's said over at A Practical Wedding (http://apracticalwedding.com/).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, please include me Ellie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot. You know where to find me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me me me me me! hitchdied.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I am a feminist, but don't know if I count since I don't blog much about feminist issues. I'd love to be included if I meet the criteria!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!

    Please include me, too...

    Here's one of my favourite posts

    http://thinkingwedding.blogspot.com/2010/12/i-feel-pretty.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there --

    I just hopped over from your awesome wedding post @ APW. I write about married life, being a woman in academia, maintaining an identity, etc. at www.onebarefootbride.blogspot.com (which started out as a wedding planning blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, my wedding blog isn't really all that feminist, but I am, and my fiance is, and that tends to show in the personal posts, so if you want to include it, here's mine: http://princessbrideca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. www.msawesome.com

    I don't know if my blog counts, because I don't write directly about feminism, although I consider myself a fierce feminist. I DO muse about gay weddings/marriage and I DO a lot of crafts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My blog is a little slow right now as I'm doing a full time internship while being a full time grad student, but I post about our wedding plans and I would definitely consider myself a feminist. Things will pick up in April when I'm done working and it's all downhill from there until our June wedding.

    www.ohdeerio.com

    ReplyDelete