Monday, February 7, 2011

Reception.

Okay.  I could say a lot of things about our reception, but what I will say is this:  it was a long time ago.  I no longer remember every detail, I barely remember what we danced to, I remember that I barely spent time with M. and I was okay with that, because the next day we were leaving for our honeymoon.  I remember that the night ended and I was sad, because I didn't want it to be over.  I remember that people had fun, and I had fun, and that's really all I need.  I remember realizing at the end of the reception that Kiersten hadn't been shooting for the last 30 minutes or so of the wedding, because the time we had paid her for was up, and also we told her to feel free to y'know, sit down and eat, sothese are from our friends.

I danced with my family.
I danced with Mark.  His mom danced, his dad stood and swayed.

I danced with my dad.
And the night wound down.  After the cake was cut, people started coming up to us to say goodbye.  By the time I reminded the DJ that he had to play My Girl, he told me we only had 15 minutes left.  Somewhere in there, most of our guests left.  We shut down the dance floor, our bridal party grabbed everything from everywhere and put everything away, and we headed to the afterparty.  That's right, no sparklers, no ribbon wavers, no send off.  We threw this party and we weren't gonna leave early, darn it.  

We did get to leave in style though.  We talked, for maybe a second, about getting a limo.  Then we decided to either get a ride or take the shuttle.  It was incredibly important to me to stay sober through our wedding, for a lot of reasons, and Mark felt similarly.  It was also really really really important to me that our car get decorated.  Car decorating may be one of my favorite parts of weddings, and I'm a stickler for it.  So some people that love us made it happen:
It was even more fun to make the drive back down 695 the next day with trucks and cars honking at us and people rolling down their windows to yell, "congratulations!!!!!"  

1 comment:

  1. The dancing looks like so much fun. I don't blame you for not wanting to leave the party early.

    ReplyDelete