Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Vegetarian Weddings

Yesterday my guest post at 2000 Dollar Wedding went up about our decision to serve vegetarian food at our wedding.  Truthfully, it was a really scary post for me to write, because I talk about religion and I talk about food, both very personal things.  Mostly it's about standing up for yourself and compromise.  My favorite comment is from Paige at Little White Chapel:
"Yes, weddings are about compromise, but I get the feeling that when people use that word, they expect the couple to be the ones to compromise--not the rest of their families."  

And that, my friends, is wedding planning in a nutshell.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!

    I'm going to go and read that post right now because we're having a vegetarian wedding in April and there are some people (mainly my dad) who's been really opposed to the idea.

    He said "You have to tell people it's all vegetarian so they know not to come."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really a shame you can't tell parents to go screw themselves sometimes. If he says that again, say, "most catered food is so awful that people know they aren't coming to a wedding for the food."

    ReplyDelete