Friday, February 11, 2011

You're Welcome

A few of you all have the same wedding timeline and it seems like now is the time to stress about the invitations.  So I wanted to solve your problems and tell you what to do, because I'm a know it all smarty pants and if I'm not telling somebody what to do, I'm definitely not blogging.
So lets start with a few invite design ideas from our designer, Printable Press:  

This one made me think of Ms. Bunny and their swanky rooftop affair for which she is making her own vintage dress.
This one made me think of friends I wish I had who would invite me to their fabulous and funky weddings.  







These two both make me want to get married again.  Seriously.  I hope my cousin uses something similar for their catskills wedding.  
I thought DIY invites would be difficult, but they really weren't.  Follow the following steps:
1.)  Order design.  
2.)  Order linen textured cardstock from www.paperandmore.com.  Don't overthink this.  Just get white.
3.)  Get printed at Staples in their copy department.  At most staples, their flat rate for color printing is $.50 a page, which means you get 2 invites for $0.50.   
4.)  Cut.  Or have them do it for you, but our cutting experience at Staples was a disaster, so I would recommend hitting up a friend who has access to a professional paper cutter (or buy one yourself), and cut them.  
5.)  Stuff and seal into envelopes.  If you really want to, you can buy or make pocketfolds to stick them into, or glue them to a cardstock backing, but simple invites on heavy cardstock are also really nice. 

A few designs from Whimsical Prints, who a few friends have used.  



And a couple from Jean M., one of my favorite more affordable "fancy" designers.  



Any more sources I should share?

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't find our actual wedding invitations, maybe they don't make them anymore, but this is where we got them.

    http://www.theamericanwedding.com/

    They were ivory and square, and they had an ivory ribbon around the top and then a thin black ribbon that went on top of that that was supposed to go in a bow.

    Anyway we discovered that making perfect bows was nearly impossible (you can buy premade bows if you want and we unfortunately opted out) so we just attached the ribbon in the back and forgot the bow. They looked great!

    It was important to me that the typeface be the same throughout the whole wedding, so everything else at our wedding featured ivory textured paper or card stock and Copperplate Gothic, which I love.

    ReplyDelete