Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Green Wedding Showcase: Isadora

I never imagined I would like a bubble skirt, but I loved this bridesmaid dress by Isadora.
I really like convertible dresses, by the way.  I wish I had known that I could get them on Etsy.  They are, to me, the perfect solution to wanting bridesmaids in non-matching dresses but not actually making them pick their own dresses.
I also loved loved loved this wedding dress.  It's a short dress that doesn't quite look like a cupcake.  

These are all similar to the Two Birds style convertible dresses, but can be made from bamboo/cotton organic jersey and are actually much more reasonably priced (although they cost around $200, I think the Two Birds ones are $300 for a long dress.)
Oh, and I really like this long wedding dress.  Which is less than $300.
And you could totally shorten it and wear it again.

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted a convertible dress. They seem really interesting. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if I made a mess of them and couldn't figure out how to put them on.

    And the textile researcher in me does have to let you know that 95% of the time, what people call bamboo fabric is not environmentally friendly. In fact what most people call bamboo fabric is actually rayon. Which is incredibly bad for the environment.

    ReplyDelete