Thursday, March 17, 2011

Really Great Moments

In my head, I keep making a list of Really Great Moments that I'm Sorry We Didn't Get Pictures Of.  They were simply moments that happened during the weekend where nobody had a camera.

My favorite was the point where I had my bridesmaids bustle my dress.  We were waiting in the tent for the guests to be seated so we could be announced, and the seamstress told me to hold the skirt of the dress all the way above my head so the maids could tie the ties.  I stood there, train draped over my neck, looking ridiculous and the best man looked at me and said, "you look like that creature from Jurassic Park...I'm afraid you are about to spit acid at me."  The rest of the groomsmen all burst out laughing as well.

Another favorite moment of comic relief was when we were setting up the benches at the rehearsal.  One bench didn't seem to be too solid, so I sat down on it to test it out.  Turns out the reason it wasn't solid was the broken leg, and I wound up flipping over and landing on the ground.  As I brushed stinkbugs and woodchips out of my hair, we decided that it would be best to not use that bench.

Before the ceremony, my sister brought my six year old cousin in to say hello to me.  She gave me a big hug, being careful not to crinkle my dress, and even though I was totally stressed out, it helped me relax and chill the eff out and remember that everybody out there loved me even if the ceremony was late and we didn't enough have time for the DJ to play all our songs.

There are others, but I wanted to share these because I think it's important to know that there are some wonderful things that will happen, and you will be sad that they aren't on film.  But if you think about it, most of your life happens without being captured on camera, so I'm learning to be okay with it.


4 comments:

  1. That is a terrific line from the best man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's important that you record these kind of memories by writing them down so you don't forget over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way! But I suppose we are lucky to have the great memories :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a picture of a great moment !!!

    ReplyDelete