Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cylburn Arboretum

So I went out to Cylburn Arboretum yesterday to meet with their venue coordinator.  My friend Jen is most likely getting married there next June, and she couldn't meet with the venue coordinator because she's off being a fancypants optometrist in San Francisco. Since I'm bona fide wedding obsessed, I'm helping her out, and so I met with the lady from Cylburn.
Cylburn has recently built a new visitor center (above) with a fantastic wedding reception space that fits 200 people and a dance floor and has a huge floor to ceiling window on the back wall and will be an awesome blank canvas for decor (without *needing* to be decorated the way some blank canvas venues do).  The wedding ceremony can be held on the East Lawn, the Formal Gardens, the Lawn with the Gazebo, or the Flat Plain (the title for that one needs some work).

The outside area of the reception space (where the cocktail hour would be) looks like this:
(by me)
The inside venue has the same tall windows and views of the trees and light-colored wood accents and gray floor.

But here's the problem - I'm having trouble finding pictures of the space itself.  Even I don't have any from when we went to look at it, and yesterday, they were having a conference in there.  So is anybody else who reads this blog getting married/gotten married at Cylburn and have pictures of their ceremony site or reception space?  I even tried my usual trick of stalking photographer's blogs and can't even find anything there!  So if you can help us out, please post some links or send me an email.

1 comment:

  1. I took alot of pictures of Cylburn when we visited last week, August 12th. We are getting married their on May 5, 2012. I have pictures of the Mansion, the garden with the gazebo and the little pond, and the auditorium where the reception will be. I would be happy to e-mail them to you as soon as I get them off of my digital camera. What e-mail address should I use?...Sue-Ellen Clarke

    ReplyDelete