Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pinterest

My friend K. just got engaged and I'm totally psyched for her.  So one of the first things I did was invite her to Pinterest.  Pinterest is a great way to catalog your wedding inspiration and details - the only annoyance is that it's invite-only.  But it's a really fun way to pull together ideas, and share ideas with other people.  For example, I created a board for my friend Jen, who is planning a black-and-white-and-red wedding for next June.  I also really like being able to make comments, which you can't do on a regular inspiration board.  Also, you can continually add things, which you can't do on an inspiration board, but everything is all in one place.  It also saves the links, which you can't do when you just right-click and save-as, so you aren't looking back through a mess of bookmarks and google images later to find those great invites.


I'm sure a lot of you have heard of Pinterest, but every once in awhile I see somebody saying, "what is Pinterest?" so I thought I would clear it up.  Pinterest is also great for assembling boards for home/personal style/books you want to read.

Do you use Pinterest? Do you use it for wedding planning or inspiration or "real life"?

2 comments:

  1. I love pinterest! I use it for real life... especially since wedding planning is over. It has helped *a lot* with my inability to dress myself; gathering photos of what I like has helped to define a "style". Weird - I have a style!

    I have to say, though, that I'm often frustrated by the "fitness" pictures that people collect showing people who are *TOO skinny* and with captions that say "goal" or "eat for the body you want" when that's not realistic or healthy. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely loving Pinterest. I started a wedding board which was working well until I got distracted by all the other non-wedding pictures I like and started pinning those instead. I'm ok with it.

    ReplyDelete