Thursday, September 15, 2011

Surprising things from The Knot

I was talking to a friend yesterday, and we were talking about The Knot. And I have a lot of issues with the Knot, although they've corrected some of my big graphic design issues with the site (no more pop ups!) But I noticed one thing that was awesome, when I went to help my friend with her venue search. Because the thing that the Knot now allows you to sort by is whether the venue is handicapped accessible. 


If you have a handicapped family member, you know how hard it can be to find a handicapped accessible wedding venue.  Even family members you don't know are handicapped might show up in a wheelchair - that they didn't mention to you because they didn't want to trouble you.

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone else know that, because maybe you're venue hunting and maybe you hate the Knot, and you've promised you would never go on there, but if you're looking for a handicapped accessible venue, it's a darn good place to start.  They also now sort by other things, like whether there is outdoor space available, or whether there is a Kosher option available (but seriously, are there venues that can't make a Kosher option happen? That seems to me like the one time that you let the couple bring in outside catering, even if you are proprietary. Weigh in in the comments.)

Also, if you loved your venue, make sure to submit it to the APW Venue directory, because that is going to be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment