Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Really Lazy Bunting

I went to RenFest last week with my in-laws and my parents, and one of the things I noticed was that they had awesome bunting strung up.  Except it wasn't actually bunting.  It was lazy-girl bunting.  (I'm not assuming that only girls make bunting.  I'm using lazy-girl as a generic term here instead of poor man's bunting.)

What does lazy-girl bunting look like?


A single strand does look a little bare, but they had it zig-zagging the whole way through the festival and it looked awesome.  I thought it would be a great way for somebody to add a lot of color to their wedding for almost no money - because everyone has extra ribbon lying around (especially anyone that registered at Williams Sonoma) - and ribbon can be bought for pretty cheap at craft stores or online.  I love the look of all the multicolored ribbons, but if you wanted to only do your wedding colors, you could still spice it up with different textures and shades.  It also takes up less space than regular flag bunting, and would be much more reusable, since you could re-purpose the ribbon to wrap Christmas presents or make crafts.

Any other ideas for lazy-girl bunting?

No comments:

Post a Comment